Thursday, June 6, 2013

Solo set at the 2013 Women Chainmakers' Festival

Finally, as the coldest spring for 50 years finally surrenders its icy grip on June and we're halfway through 2013, I'm ready restart my musical endeavours. Consequently, I'm re-launching my blog (I'll get started on updating my website later this month).

Anyway, I'll be airing my new solo set at the Women Chainmakers' Festival on June the 7th and 8th. Entry is free, there's a full PA and lighting in the marquee (and a bar – courtesy of Netherton's renowned pub: Ma Pardoe's).


The full address is Bearmore Mound Playing Fields, Cradley Heath, B64 6DU.

Friday 7th June: live music from 7pm-11pm (I'm finishing the night off from 10.25pm till 11pm).

Saturday 8th June: more live music, plus stalls and an archery display – all in celebration of the chainmakers' early 20th century struggle to attain fairer pay.

Having done my kind deed for the day by swapping my later Saturday spot with a couple of musicians who were struggling to make their allotted time, I'm now playing at 1.30pm in the afternoon ...

Plenty of other fine acts from the West Midlands (and further afield) will be playing over the weekend: local folk celebrities Billy and Lozz, East West Infusion, and FolkLaw to name but 3 of many worthy acts ...

There's more info about the 2013 Woman Chainmakers' Festival and its historical context, in these links:

http://midlandstucmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/05/announcing-friday-night-at-chainmakers.html

http://www.wolvestuc.org.uk/index.php/wbdtuc/32-women-chainmakers-festival

http://midlandstucmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2013/06/women-chainmakers-festival-to-return-to.html