Monday, September 9, 2013

Brett Huckfield @ Codfest

I had a wonderful time performing my songs at Codfest on Saturday.

Marie did a superb job of accompanying me on percussion and harmonies. We played a full set on the Main Stage but were then invited to do 2 further performances on the Back Porch Stage. Playing 3 times at the same festival on the same day is a record, even for me -lol!


I can't believe how many great comments and new fans we made at the festival: wow! I literally couldn't walk more than a few paces without someone stopping me or shouting compliments regarding our performance. I was also pleased to discover that Tim, the sound engineer, had already heard some of my songs on the radio!

 

 Fortunately, we still had time to catch up with some old and new friends, and to enjoy watching the other performers. Unbelievably, the rain that threatened to spoil the event – as you can see from the crowd photo – stayed away.


 A big thank-you to Sam Draisey and his father for asking me to play at the event! Thanks also to Mike, Marie's brother, for the photos and for helping us to carry our equipment between stages and to Pat Quirke, who was managing the Back Porch Stage. He very kindly gave me a new harmonica after joining him – together with Marie and 2 other musicians – later on in the day for a jam.