Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Open Mic UK update: we're through to the Grand Finals

So much has been happening lately that my blog has been sadly neglected. I'm hoping to redesign my website in the new year, then perhaps I can incorporate the blog into that too, so I can update them both a bit more frequently

Anyway, since my last post. I've successfully made it through to the Grand Finals of Open Mic UK. Having battled through 10,000 other performers, my percussionist and I are now in the final 30 acts.

So, on January 24th, 2015, accompanied by Marie, I'll be competing in front of a very prestigious panel of judges that includes A&R representatives from some of the biggest record labels in the world, Ivor Novello award-winning songwriters, and other music industry professionals.

Things are certainly looking bright: at the Midland and South West Area finals of Open Mic UK, Marie and I were the first to qualify for a place in the Grand Finals. Chris Grayston of Future Music, who organises Open Mic UK, addressed the audience during the show and said 'I would just like to say at this point in the show, Brett Huckfield is a brilliant singer-songwriter'. He also said mine and Marie's performance was the standard the other acts had to aspire towards.

Tickets are £20 for the show, but they sell out well in advance. Give me a shout of Facebook if you want any, and I'll check if there are any left.

Thanks, as always, to all the usual crew who are coming along to cheer us on. Bless, you. It wouldn't be the same without you! :)

Thanks also for all of you who live too far away to come to the show, but have sent so many warm messages of support!

xx