Wednesday, December 10, 2014

The Brett Huckfield Band rides again!


For a bit of fun, as one of our last performances of the year, Marie and I left our acoustic instruments at home and I put together my old band to do a 45 minute guest slot at the Old Moseley Arms' Beer Festival – for our friends, The Acoustic Who – with Marie kindly standing in for our old bass player, the late great Ian, to whom I dedicated our set.

Speaking of dedications: thanks, Acoustic Who for dedicating your fine performance of one of my all-time favourite Who songs to me. The only reason I declined jumping up on stage to perform it with you, when Mark gestured to me, was that I was enjoying listening to you guys so much!

Thanks, also, to the absolutely buzzing crowd at the Old Mo. You were awesome – so vocal and enthusiastic! I can't remember the last time I was given so many compliments, or offered quite so many paid band gigs in one night, for that matter. Unfortunately, I don't have time to do 'electric' performances very often, so appearances of the Brett Huckfield Band will be something of a rarity, I'm afraid. But bless you all for an amazing night!


Last, but by no means least, a hugely important mention must go to my fellow band members, as although I seemed to receive the lion's share of the praise, it was very much a team effort. So thank you, and well done Marie Timmins, Graham Powell and Tony Morton, who did the gig after only a single, two-hour rehearsal. As someone aptly said on the night: you guys rock!