Sunday, January 4, 2015

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!
With Christmas almost over – by my estimation we're on the the 11th day of it –  thought it was high time I posted a little blog.

First, the sad news that Marie's nan, Gladys, passed away recently. Gladys was always great company and I shall miss her. It wasn't so long ago, back when she was in her late eighties, that she'd still come and see us at the odd gig, or dog/house sit for me or Marie, so we could go out playing. Sadly her health deteriorated throughout this year. She will be sadly missed by us all, and my thoughts are with Marie and her family.



On  a happier subject: despite having flu and a surprise attack of toothache over the festive period, I did manage to squeeze in a few radio interviews. As always happens over the Yuletide celebrations, my alternative Christmas song 'Christmas Carols and Auld Lang Syne', was again a topic of conversation and received airplay:

Thanks to:


  • the Open University's Christmas Radio Show, who played the song

  • Black Country Radio who both played my song on their Christmas Show, and interviewed me for a show that will be aired next year (on Billy Spakemon's show)

  • Jason, Zoe and Jan and the Milkbar, a very popular pod-cast recorded at the Molineux Stadium, who also played my Christmas song and interviewed me over the phone
The only show I can easily link to is the Milkbar one, so here it is. My interview starts around 55 minutes in. Also on the show are Carol Decker from T'Pau (being interviewed) and Britain's got Talent finalist Jean Martyn (playing an instrumental song from her album). I really like Jean, she's a fine musician, and we have, on occasion, jammed together. 

Anyway, here's the show:

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and New Year!

Time to get stuck into rehearsals for the Grand Finals of Open Mic UK now, which is on January the 24th.