Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Summertime, and the gigging is easy!

After a few months layoff while I was busy tying up some loose ends – like completing my Advanced Creative Writing university course – it's time to launch into a summer of live music performances.

To kick things off and get back into the groove, I played a warm up gig with my percussionist Marie, at The Fox and Anchor in Coven last week – courtesy of talented local musician and music promoter, Sam Draisey.

It was a great chance to dust out the cobwebs, practice some new material and meet up with some folks I hadn't seen for ages. A great night was had by all – at a surprisingly well attended friendly pub, just outside of Wolverhampton. There are photos, but I haven't got hold of them yet ... So, I'll finish with Sam Draisey performing something on Youtube ... Deep Blue Something, to be exact ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=12WgQeaS7B8