Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Saturday at the Chainmakers' Festival

Thanks to Billy and Lozz for a wonderful Chainmakers' Festival! I had a fantastic time playing there.



Friday, I closed the night at the Festival, which was great fun but a little tiring, so unfortunately, I didn't get to see all the great performers who were on earlier in the day on Saturday, such as Bryn Phillips & Steve Grosvenor, Alex Vann and East West Infusion (who I've previously featured at a Brett Huckfield & Friends night). But, before playing my Saturday set at the festival, circa 3.30 pm, I did catch Carol Widenbar, Tom Martin & Helena Rosewell, and Easy Street, who did a superb job of entertaining the festival goers. The sound and lighting crew were top-notch, too.

Lozz deemed it the best Chainmakers' Festival today, in terms of the performers and sound. My gratitude to Lozz, Billy and the other performers I spoke to – not to mention the sound crew – for all the praise heaped upon my songs! :)

Likewise, I was genuinely moved by how many people approached me as I left the festival site, just to tell me how much they had enjoyed my set. What a nice surprise ending to the festival, to discover my music had reached even more people than I'd realised.

A special mention must go to my percussionist Marie, for doing such a brilliant job of accompanying me on both days of the event – it's only been a few years since I taught her to play percussion; now she plays like a seasoned pro – so well done, Marie! Thanks, also, to everyone who turned up especially to see me play during the festival ... Especially to Sam, Mat, Kez and Jan! :)

Such a shame it's all over now ... Can't wait for next year's Chainmakers' Festival!