Friday, September 26, 2014

Quick round up of this week

It's been such a hectic week, in the run up to my Open Mic UK performance at the NEC, that I'm only just getting around to posting these photos -lol!

Some are from my performance at 'Vdubs in the Valley' last Sunday. It was great to meet up with so many great folks: especially Bill and Judie Perry, and all their family and friends; Pat and Jess Cuniffe; Steve Welch, and 'Beer Buz' Garry. Marie and I look forward to doing it all again next year!

 
[It was surprisingly windy onstage -lol!]
 
 
[In between playing, Marie and I were with our friends Bill and Judie (not in this photo) and their family]

 
[With my percussionist extraordinaire, Marie]
 

[After performing my set, I unexpectedly bumped into radio presenter, Steve Welch, which was a nice surprise; I hadn't seen him for ages].

There are also a few snaps taken on Wednesday, at the Candela Club in Coseley: one of ...the friendliest music clubs you'll ever visit – courtesy of Linda and John Collier – and jam packed with talented performers.

 
[After playing solo at the Candela, I called Marie up for my last song, to add some harmonies -lol!]

 
[This is (left to right) Dave Coughlin and John Langford, doing a spirited and very entertaining version of a Donavan song, at the Candela Club]

 
[We also took this photo of Sonia Parkes, another of the friendly and welcoming regulars at the Candela Club, entertaining us with her flute, towards the end of the evening].


The final photo, is one I took the other Friday, of the wonderful cakes Jean and Mick Brigdale spoil me with when I visit!



On a sad note, I heard from my a great supporter of my music, and one of my all-time favourite bodhrán players, Jimmy 'The Hat', early this week. Apparently, one of his friends had been badly injured, and, unfortunately, they could do no more for him at the hospital. Jimmy told me they were playing my song 'Here Again', which was a favourite of both Jimmy's and his friend. So I'm very touched by that, and hope my music offered some small comfort, at such a tragic time.

Finally, I want to wish Molly, my friend Marjorie's beautiful dog, a speedy recovery from her op at the vet's today!
xx