Monday, July 14, 2014

Black Country Day / Saracen's Head Gig

A huge thank-you to everyone who turned up in time to watch me play, accompanied by my percussionist extraordinaire, Marie Timmins, at the all-day Saracen's Head live-music event on Saturday in Dudley. Especially Judie, Bill, Ritchie and Alex. I know there were a number folks who wanted to be there but couldn't, so thanks to them too for all the messages/emails. 


 Thanks also to 'Black Country' Gaz for inviting me get involved with the Black Country Day celebrations in Dudley. What a smashing bloke! Not forgetting Rovi, the brilliant compere for the event, who, as it turned out, rather surprisingly, had a picture of me on his wall at home (as part of a newspaper photo-shoot with other local musicians, I hasten to add -lol!).

I must have been stopped a dozen times by people I didn't know who'd seen me playing here and there, over the years – even the Saracen's Head landlord, Andy, as I later discovered, knew me from my days playing lead guitar in bands! What with being recognised so often, it was like being famous for a day!

Anyway thanks everybody all for your support, compliments and suchlike, they're all very much appreciated!
 xo